Friday, February 11, 2011

Day Two, Part Two: Dinner Hit and Miss


After getting home from work Friday, Husband and I were both starving. We each picked a dinner from our respective boxes. I went for the Buffalo Chicken Wrap (pictured above beside its box). It was much tastier than it looks. It had a slight kick to it, and there were even a few chunks of meat in it. The tortilla had a sweet taste to it, which I liked. It looks a lot worse than it tasted in the photo above. I was happy with this meal even if it did not look as good on my plate as it did on the box. I also had vegetables with my meal, and my "fat" for the meal was a sugar-free Swiss Miss hot chocolate that I drank while Husband and I watched a show from TiVo.


Husband decided to give the mac and cheese a try. As you can see, the paper cup is the container that held the noodles and dehydrated cheese substance. He boiled the water and then let it sit in the cup (lid on) for 8 minutes as indicated on the package. To make the meal more appealing, he put it on a plate when it was done (above). I do not think he will be selecting this meal in future orders (if we continue with this diet) because the noodles were "crunchy" and the cheese sauce was too thin. He enjoyed the string cheese (his protein for the meal), salad, and 3 graham cracker squares he was allowed to have with the mac and cheese. He even got to eat a strand of grapes.

We still do not have our frozen foods yet, so Husband had one Weight Watchers chocolate ice cream bar with PB2 mixed into it and some fat free whipped topping. I was hungry when we went to bed later, but I went to bed when the hunger pangs hit so that I wouldn't be aware of them until morning. He also went to bed earlier than normal for a weekend. I guess a side benefit from the diet is that we'll be getting more sleep!

2 comments:

  1. That's too funny! More sleep is a good thing!
    That mac and cheese looked really gross. Maybe next time he should let it sit longer than the 8 minutes recommended on the container. Poor Davey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously cannot believe how different that wrap looks on the packaging! Good thing it was tasty!

    ReplyDelete