Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day Three, Part 2: Tuna to the Rescue

Husband and I hung around the house Saturday until after lunch when we ran errands. We decided to go out after lunch so we'd have full stomachs. We'd need the energy for the errands!

For lunch, we both decided to have the Caesar salad with the "Sloppy Soup" dressing. This time, I had lettuce instead of cucumbers. That made a HUGE difference! Look at the photo above and compare it to the one taken on Day One. We were both full at the end of our meal (after also having a yogurt). I was amazed that I did not get a headache from starvation as well. The addition of lettuce made the salad more filling, and Husband even said he thought it might be his favorite lunch meal so far. There was so much Caesar dressing that we both ate an entire head of lettuce and had plenty of dressing for all of it plus the chicken bits.

Success!

After the last errand, we were dying for some food so we both had an afternoon snack of a protein and fruit. I had an apple with PB2 that hit the spot. The snacks kept us happy until about 4:40 p.m. when we needed dinner. I decided to cook dinner for us, and I consulted the "Dining Out" portion of our food guide to determine how much food we could eat.

I had thawed a piece of ahi tuna for our meal. I weighed 3 ounces of the fish out for each of us and seared them in a pan on the stove. I used salt as seasoning, and I covered mine with pico de gallo (made from chopped tomato, onion, chilis, and cilantro). Husband did not care for the tablespoon of pico de gallo I put atop of his fish so he left that behind. However, I served him half a bag of green beans so he was happy with that as his vegetable. I supplemented my tuna topping with a small seaweed salad that I picked up at the grocery store earlier that day.

For dessert, I had a Nutrisystem chocolate almond bar. It was heavenly! Divine. It was so good that I wanted to run back to the box on the dining room table and grab the remaining two. However, I reminded myself that I could have another one tomorrow, and I couldn't cheat. I had to follow the diet. Besides, I still had a gourmet treat coming my way -- a 6-ounce fat-free Swiss Miss hot chocolate (made with water).

No comments:

Post a Comment