Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day Four: Whipping up Some Taste

I decided to give the maple oatmeal a try on Sunday morning since I'd had the apple cinnamon pack the day before. It was fine, but it was not as good as the apple cinnamon oatmeal. I think this is just a personal preference. As usual, I had milk in my coffee (protein) and 1 1/4 cups of strawberries for breakfast.

Husband decided to give the plain pancakes another try, but this time he put his serving of fruit on top of the pancakes. He said it was definitely a lot less miserable than eating the pancakes with just low calorie syrup.

Since Saturday's lunch was such a success, we both repeated the Caesar salad meal. We both ate an entire bag of Dole romaine lettuce with our chicken bits and Caesar dressing. We both thought the meal was just as tasty and just as filling as the day before. Dinner was the same too because I still had ahi tuna left. Husband was relieved for another round of tuna.

My dessert was a brownie (pictured above on a salad-sized plate), which Husband told me would taste better if I warmed it up in the microwave, so I did. He had really enjoyed it last week, so I was eagerly awaiting the chocolate treat. I think he must have been really hungry when he ate it because I was disappointed. I could not get over the artificial chocolate taste. The same taste was present in the chocolate cake I had last week. I told him that it reminded me of those chocolate laxative chews that my mother gave me when I was about 5 or 6 years old, and he disagreed.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I do wonder, though, if his enjoyment of the dessert had something to do with the fat-free whipped cream he put on his chocolate cake (see below).


If you look hard, you can see a small stripe of cake on the left end of the whipped cream coat. Frowning, I took the can away from him and put it away. I am fairly certain this is more than the 2 tablespoons of fat-free whipped cream he's permitted. But oh well. It's Sunday -- live a little!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha...that's hysterical! Whenever I'm dieting, which is not often, that fat-free whipped cream is always my go-to favorite. I would just eat a bowl of it. Not exactly following any sort of recommendations! :) I'm so glad that you both found a meal you're enjoying with regularity. :)

    ReplyDelete