Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day Three: It's "Brunch" Day!

Saturday was a splendid day for the Dieting Duo. We both woke up hungry. Every Saturday, I make brunch for us both. Sometimes it's a mixture of Bisquick and Fiber One pancakes with blueberries, other weeks it is waffles, and sometimes it's French toast. This Saturday, however, Husband had Nutrisystem pancakes with a tiny bit of low calorie syrup. He also had toast and a small fat free Greek yogurt. 

I had a Nutrisystem apple cinnamon oatmeal packet (I selected it from the middle box above) that I hydrated with milk and cooked in the microwave. It was delicious, but it was so little oatmeal! I used a bowl that holds 3/4 of a cup of food, and the oatmeal didn't even fill half the bowl. Husband said his pancakes were good, but they were too small. He got two pancakes from the mix, and both were smaller than a CD.

As I planned our grocery store list, I reviewed the information that I read Friday on the Nutrisystem web site. I worked through the web site’s exercises for Week One participants, and read articles about changing bad eating habits. It also provides a page that contains a long list of foods that you can eat from different categories. For example, when your meal booklet says to eat a "protein," you check the list and see what you can eat and how much. I usually pick yogurt, pudding, or peanut butter. It was helpful to refer to the list when making the shopping list, and I had Husband highlight all the fruits and vegetables that he likes so I can refer to it when shopping alone.

The food planner makes the plan easy. It tells you what to eat and when. The book lists everything you should eat (a Nutrisystem meal, a fruit, a protein, a fat, etc.) so you just have to find something to eat from a specific category, eat it, write it down, and check it off my list for the day. Nutrisystem's website had this to say about tracking food: “Keeping track of what and how much you eat has a lot of benefits. You can identify unfavorable eating patterns, like how often you skip meals or how long you go between meals and snacks. Once you have this information, you can modify your habits and make changes in your behavior.”

We’ll see if Husband and I can keep it up!

1 comment:

  1. Reasonably sized portions seems to be the downfall of most of us, these days, doesn't it? Maybe your body will get used to eating smaller portions soon. I hope so!!

    ReplyDelete