Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day Six: Frozen Food Crisis

I’m going to go nuts if the frozen foods portion of Nutrisystem does not arrive tonight. I called the company Saturday because it had been 8 days since we ordered this food system, and the frozen meals and desserts have not yet arrived. Schwan’s delivers the frozen entrees and desserts, whereas everything else was sent via UPS. The Customer Service guy told me the meals were on the way to us, and they would arrive when the delivery company made its next delivery to our neighborhood (which is Tuesday nights).

I’m ready for some ice cream desserts rather than chocolate bars, and I really want to try the frozen meals for more variety. Husband is ready for a non-cookie snack because "they are not that exciting." He ordered a few too many different cookies, and I am fairly certain that even Cookie Monster would not approve of the taste. I cannot say though since I have not tried one yet. 

11:20 a.m. Status update – I’m starving! Must wait 20 more minutes.

11:53 p.m. Status update – I have lunch at my desk. I’m eating cheese tortellini again. It’s still good. 

3:36 p.m. Status update – I am still finishing lunch. It takes a while to eat two whole cucumbers. I have finished the tortellini and the yogurt though.

4:00 p.m. Status update The cucumber is gone so now I can have something substantial. Breakfast and lunch today were similar to what I’ve had since we started this diet last week. However, today’s dessert is a new one for me to try – the chocolate fudge bar (pictured above). I saved it as a post-cucumber treat.

4:01 p.m. Status update – WINNER! This chocolate fudge bar may be small, but it packs a taste bud stimulating taste in each bite. The soft exterior layer collapses into the crunchy second layer, which then falls into the creamy fudge filling. The texture is wonderful and so is the taste. I’m not hungry at all after eating it. 

4:16 p.m. Status update – NOOOOOOOOOO! I just got an e-mail from UPS stating that our frozen foods from Schwan’s are coming via UPS and won’t be at our house until Thursday!!! That’s 37.1 pounds of food for Husband, and 33.9 pounds of food for me in limbo. We thought that Schwan’s would deliver it to us (that was the impression I got when I called Saturday). This is so disappointing!

7:00 p.m. Status updateDinner was filling. I tried the "Soupy Joe," and there was a lot of “meat” (it’s soy) in it. There was so much soy crumble that it did not all fit onto the bun (customer provides). You can only eat one bun, though, so I ate the rest plain. I would definitely get this again. You can see that it’s completely dehydrated until you add water to it (that is the bowl to the left with the soupy mixture in it). 

The food has to be microwaved for three minutes at a time and then stirred until it appears "solid." The after photo is much more appealing, and in the end it turned out to be more sloppy than soupy! I'd eat this one again.
The Sloppy Joe "After Photo"

Husband is pining for some real food because he said this is the longest he has gone without at least eating something he really likes (which is not from the fruit and vegetable category). I am doing OK so far. Maybe we will each get a shot of motivation Thursday morning when we weigh ourselves. Until then, tomorrow's menu includes more dehydrated foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment