Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day Twenty-Two: Weigh-in Day

Steak & Cheese Melt for lunch
This last week was full of challenges for Husband, but for me it was easy because I did not feel like eating much while I was sick. Husband lost 1 pound, and I lost 3.5 pounds. I was quite excited. I have now lost 8 pounds since we started this Nutrisystem Journey.

There is not much to say about today because most of the food I had has already been mentioned in this blog. I did, however, try something new for lunch -- Steak & Cheese Melt. It's a frozen food that we had no choice in selecting. However, it was quite good. Of course, there was a lot more bread than meat and cheese, but I've gotten used to that by now. I tried to enjoy the food bite by bite so that I would not eat it too fast. It was filling, and I felt full after also eating two cucumbers and a yogurt.

The evening was a challenge because we dined at a friend's house. On the menu: oven baked rosemary chicken, asparagus, and yellow rice with almond slivers. The meal was delicious, and Husband and I both enjoyed eating real food. I had one piece of bread with dinner and another piece of bread during the appetizer portion of the evening to be nice. The appetizer was baked brief with French bread. I only had one slice of bread with some brie. Husband had a few. He was excited to see yummy food, and of course we could not be impolite so we had to eat some of it. I had a very nice glass of white wine that paired well with the chicken.

The challenging part of the evening was the dessert. We all had a slice of homemade Oreo cookie ice cream pie (with a chocolate crust). It was very good. I restricted myself to one slice (our hostess cut the pie into 12 slices so they were not huge). It was a nice ending to the day. On the ride home,we talked about how healthy the food was and how we were both happy with a small slice of dessert. Full but not stuffed. It did help that the host and hostess are absolutely rail thin. We did not want to be pigs as we are already plump enough in comparison to them.

Now we have to both be very good the rest of the week. We'll see how it goes. The weekend will be an even greater challenge for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment