Friday, March 4, 2011

Day Twenty-Three: The Peppermint Patty

Peppermint Cookie
It's Friday. Husband has a weekend visit with his family, and I have a night out with two good friends. Lucky for me, we selected a sushi restaurant for dinner.

During the day, my hunger was at a normal level. To keep my stomach happy, I ate my "dessert" from Nutrisystem in the afternoon. I did not want to go home starving since I knew dinner would be later than usual as I had to wait for my friends to arrive. My snack/dessert was the Peppermint Cookie, which I had enjoyed the last time I ate it. It is a cross between a Nestle Crunch candy bar and a York Peppermint Patty. The exterior is bumpy, which is the cookie taste, and the inside has peppermint in it. It's nice to have the texture in the exterior layer of chocolate. It's good to have various textures to enjoy as well as flavors on a diet. Otherwise, you miss the crunchiness of croutons or the sweetness of chocolate.

For me, dinner was easy because sushi is healthy as long as you avoid the sauces and the fried food. I had a seaweed salad, cup of green tea, 1 eel/avocado roll and 4 pieces of nigiri (2 tuna and 2 salmon). It's much less than I usually eat, and I was full at the end of dinner. As my friend said, it was good for my stomach and my wallet.

A new frozen yogurt shop (called Red Mango) opened in town, so we tried it for dessert. I had the dark chocolate frozen yogurt, which was 30 calories per ounce with no fat. It was OK tasting (a bit too bitter), but I improved it with some cookie dough bits and fudge sauce on top (but I did not overload it with toppings because there was not much room left in my cup when we got to the topping bar). I should have gotten the fruit flavored frozen yogurt and added fruit. Maybe I'll do better next time. It was a nice ending to the day though. Hopefully, tomorrow will be just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment