Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day Twenty-Four: Raiding Husband's Food Stash

The square Chocolate Chip Scone
It's Saturday, and my next box of Nutrisystem food did not arrive on Friday. Husband's box did, which is funny because they were both shipped the same day according to the UPS tracking e-mail. I'm completely out of breakfasts except for the frozen breakfast burritos (I cannot stomach beans for breakfast yet). Knowing that Husband's shipment of food contained 28 new breakfasts, I opened the box and selected the Chocolate Chip Scone for breakfast. I knew I could give him one of mine when my food arrived because I had ordered a few to try too.

I was excited to have a new breakfast food to try, but that excitement fell a few notches when I had my first taste of the square scone (I've never seen a square scone before). It tasted fine, but I could definitely taste the "diet" in this baked good. The chocolate chips were wonderful, and they were even more wonderful after I placed the scone in the microwave for 20 seconds. Needless to say, the scone did not take long to eat. Husband might not want his scone returned when my food arrives. The scone was not very filling. I had to eat lunch at 11 a.m.

Lunch was the same, but dinner was not. I went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant. I ordered a dinner sized salad without cheese and with the dressing on the side. I added grilled chicken to it and counted the cranberries as my fruit since I had forgotten to eat a fruit with lunch.
Husband's New Stash of Food

The salad was enormous. It seemed like an entire bag of spinach leaves had been plopped on my plate. I did have some of the freshly baked bread dipped in olive oil (the olive oil was my fat). I did not eat as many slices as I have in the past, so I figured I did a good job.

I was very satisfied when I went home to have my approved dessert. However, if this eating out keeps up, I am going to have a hard time facing the scale Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment